How to customize SmugMug and set your photography site apart
Your good name is your greatest asset …
let’s get it out there and known
Are you simply looking to customize SmugMug for your own photography website? Or are you looking to turn your site into one which sells?
When people hire a photographer or buy photography, they make their choice based on the photographer, as much the images. The more they know you, the more they want to work with you. Simple, yes?
The same applies to an artist selling prints. A buyer needs a personal connection to the artist. This is where your visual style comes in, telegraphing your story to the visitor beginning the moment they land on the site.
In a nutshell, that’s what our designs do. We also dish out advice on how to keep it simple, saving you time now and headaches down the road. As you learn to use the site, we’re there with answers.
- Get your personality across quickly, so it’s in the visitor’s mind as they start to look at your work.
- Complete design – logo, graphics, colors, typefaces, choose the services you need
- Complete SmugMug photographer website customization
- Best practice online sales techniques built-in
- Social media integration
- Clean gallery organization for sustainable growth
- Built with simplicity in mind for easy maintenance and no headaches down the road
Looking to add a WordPress blog to your photography website?
We customize SmugMug photography websites because we think they’re the best choice out there. But for the best SEO or search engine optimization, or if blogging is your thing, we also customize WordPress websites. These can boost the number of people who find you online, and also give you a boost in social media. They integrate with your photography site as seamlessly as you desire.
What kind of photographer are you?
Customize SmugMug sites
for wedding photographers
How to customize SmugMug to make your portrait photography business work
Are you determined enough to succeed and needing to customize SmugMug to make that happen?
From the beginning, Green Man focused on photographers. I’m a photographer so it’s a natural fit.
What I see most often are the landscape/travel photographers looking to make enough to at least pay their yearly hosting. I see portrait photographers looking for a website to go pro. I see commercial photographers getting hammered by clients doing photography in-house. Those are the kinds of people I love working with. You’re hungry for something, and when you’re hungry, you’re less likely to fail. When you fail, I fail as well.
Websites are advertising
People don’t acquire the knowledge of what makes advertising work through osmosis or quite often, experience. To gain that knowledge you have to learn what works, what doesn’t and why, usually through trial and error.
With ten years of doing this for ourselves and other photographers, we minimize errors and warn you if something you’re thinking of trying might have negative consequences.
Why hire Green Man to customize SmugMug for you?
If your business is booming and there’s more work than you can do, you probably don’t need me.
It’s relatively easy to customize SmugMug, and simple for photographers to build a great looking site. If that’s all you’re looking for, I recommend you take it for a spin yourself and see what you come up with. There are those who believe that all you need is to customize your site and the customers will come. That’s bullshit. Most photographers fail in the first or second year of business, and lot of them had really great customized SmugMug sites. I should know, I built some of them.
I’m looking for a handful of landscape/travel photographers, fine art photographers, portrait photographers and wedding/event photographers who want to succeed
If you believe in yourself, have a dream, energy and curiosity, then drop me a line. Explain your goals, your business and I’ll take a look and see if I can bring something to the party. If we’re a good fit, I have no doubts that we can do great work together. After all, if we work together, that means I’m one of your biggest fans.
* If you don’t know about SmugMug, it’s the best photo hosting/sharing site out there, for pro photographers looking for a professional website. I was one of the original SmugMug certified customizers, and use their platform and WordPress exclusively.
A complete graphic design service for photographers and artists
There’s more to your marketing than websites. We can provide you with whatever service you need
- Logo design and production. Files provided include those for specialty items
- Social media graphs and integration with SmugMug and WordPress sites
- Printed materials – brochures, booklets, to direct mail, business cards – anything printed
- Book and magazine design and production, from black and white monographs to full color coffee table books.
- Postcard creation that follow postal service guidelines to get you the best rate on postage and save money on printing.
- Complete line of innovative promotional materials available.
- Email marketing campaigns created with Mailchimp, Constant Contact and My Emma.
- WordPress blogs integrated with your SmugMug site, to expand your social media reach and increase SEO
- Signage and portable displays.
Call 631-935-4726 or click here
A selection of work for photographers